CHLORAMPHENICOL SOD 1GM VIAL IM IV | 1 X 10 PK
Category: Injectable & I.V Fluids
Availability: In stock
Chloramphenicol, also known as chlornitromycin, is a broad-spectrum, bacteriostatic antibiotic derived from Streptomyces venezuelae. It is effective against several gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria and commonly used in researching protein synthesis and to select for chloramphenicol-resistant transformed cells or the bacterial CAT gene.
Chloramphenicol functions by binding the 50s ribosomal subunit and inhibiting synthesis of proteins by blocking aminoacyl-tRNA from attaching to the A site.
Antibiotics are often used in clinical in vitro tests known as antimicrobial susceptibility tests or ASTs to determine their efficacy against certain bacterial species. They are tested against gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria using panels, discs, and MIC strips by medical microbiologists. ASTs decrease the risk of using an antibiotic against bacteria exhibiting resistance to it, and the results are used in clinical settings to determine which antibiotic(s) to prescribe for various infections.
TESTED AGAINST BOTH SENSITIVE AND RESISTANT CELLS AT GOLD BIOTECHNOLOGY LAB.
MW: 323.13 g/mol
Storage/Handling: Store desiccated at -20°C. Soluble in ethanol
Most Viewed Today
- ACTIFED (TRIPROLIDINE/PSEUDOEPHEDRINE 2.5/60MG)
- ASHTON & PARSON
- PAEDIATRIC ZINC SULPHATE 20MG TABS
- Arm Sling Medium
- Cardinal Health Offset Push Button Cane, 250 lb Weight Capacity, (WALKING STICK)
- Abdominal Binder 3 Panel Med
- Drive Medical Blue Streak Wheelchair with Flip Back Desk Arms
- FLAGYL LOXAGYL
- ACCUCHECK ACTIVE METER
- AEROSOL MASK ADULT W/ELASTIC STRAP
- OMEPRAZOLE 40MG INJ IV
- Ribenna blackcurrant rich in vitamin
- MOLFIX 4 MAXI 80'S
- GASCOL ANTACID SUSPENSION
- ZOLERIC (ESOMAPRAZOLE 20MG)
- ZINC OXIDE ADHESIVE PLASTER TAPE 2.5CM X 5.0M, 10/BX EA
- VITAMIN C SYR 100ML
- Colgate Plax Cool mint small
- Purit Liquid Antiseptic,2 Litres
Become a Subscriber
Get free updates on the latest products and discounts, straight to your inbox.