AMARYL 2MG (GLIMEPIRIDE TAB 4MG)
Category: Pharmacy & OTC Drugs
Availability: In stock
Diabetes is a major public health problem affecting millions people all around the world. The patient suffering from T2DM is characterized when there is a relative decrease in insulin secretion and/or insulin resistance and high blood sugar.
It primarily occurs because of obesity and poor exercise routine; however it can be caused due to genetics as well. T2DM accounts for 90% of diabetes case and can be seen increasing in Asian countries more recently.
The classic signs are increased thirst, frequent urination, increased hunger and weight loss. It also largely causes non-traumatic blindness, kidney failure, sexual problems and fatal heart stroke related risks.
Type 2 diabetes is caused with the combination of genetic and lifestyle factors. While we can control under diet and obesity but factors such as increasing age, gender, and genetics cannot be controlled.
Action Mechanism of Glimepiride (Amaryl):
Glimepiride is an oral second-generation sulfonylurea blood sugar-lowering drug that is used to treat patients with type 2 diabetes.
Once administrated in the body, peak concentrations are observed in 2 hours. This medication acts at ATPase-dependent potassium channels on 65-kD proteins in β cells of the pancreas to stimulate insulin release and reducing the amount of glucose in your blood.
The metabolism is done by oxidative biotransformation in the liver and significant retention occurs within an hour and distributed in the body. After its required action is performed in the body, it is excreted by the kidney.
Benefits of Glimepiride (Amaryl)
- Overweight is one of the side effects of sulfonylurea drugs given to the patient; however, this medication has a weight-neutral effect on the body making it different from other drugs.
- Hypoglycaemia is a life-threatening condition that is a very common side effect of SUs. However; this medication has equivalent metabolic control and lower stimulation of insulin secretion.
- Using amaryl medication may be safer than other SUs in cardiac patients due to its lack of detrimental effects on cardiac preconditioning which is why it is preferred and prescribed more often.
Most Viewed Today
- ASHTON & PARSON
- Arm Sling Medium
- MOLFIX 4 MAXI 80'S
- GASCOL ANTACID SUSPENSION
- VITAMIN C SYR 100ML
- Colgate Plax Cool mint small
- Purit Liquid Antiseptic,2 Litres
- MISOPT EYE DROP
- Mr Muscle foaming bleach cleaner
- NIZORAL TOPICAL CREAM
- STREPSILS ORIGINAL
- DOXYCAP 100MG (DOXYCYCLINE 100MG)
- SURGICAL BLADE 100'S
- SPRAGUE-RAPPAPORT STETHESCOPE RED - 4025R
- Salter Labs Adult Elongated Oxygen Mask, Medium with 7' Tubing | 1 EA
- CARZEPIN (CARBAMAZEPINE 200MG)
- PAEDIATRIC ZINC SULPHATE 20MG TABS
- Circumcision Tray W/Straps, Coviidian
- P-ALAXIN (DIHYDROARTEMISININ 40MG/PIPERAQUINE 320MG)
- CATAFLAM 50MG PER CARD
Become a Subscriber
Get free updates on the latest products and discounts, straight to your inbox.